If you'd like to look back at my prior 30-Day Challenge photos, click here to go to my main blog page, Buff's Blog, which includes links on the right side to all of my other "bloglets."




Continuing Neon #4

Continuing Neon #4
Even More Neons!

Continuing Neon

Continuing Neon
Still More Neon!

Continuing Neon

Continuing Neon
More Neon!

September 2010 30-Day Photo Challenge

September 2010 30-Day Photo Challenge
September 2010 30-Day Photo Challenge

Monday, June 6, 2011

Fire Rock, Sports Cards, Widmer






This morning I woke up early to see a beautiful sky full of clouds, so I left the house early, before 7 a.m. to go take early morning pictures at Newport Pier.  I got some lovely pier pictures, and walking around afterward, I passed a small closed restaurant/bar at the edge of the beach.  But over the bar were the Fire Rock and Widmer neons which had been left on!  So, of course I took the neon shots, since they were so colorful and arty, and today I get to upload new neons.  The Sports Cards neon is an old one, located in Costa Mesa, and is an outtake from the 30 Day Challenge, but I liked it because the first "S" was burned out, leaving a blue and pink remnant.  It just caught my eye.  And I added it now, since it made a nice balanced look to the current grouping of neons.  Just that simple.

1 comment:

  1. What wonderful swirls over that volcano. Very cool. I also think the pink blue melange of the S in the Sports Card makes it interesting as it would probably not be otherwise.

    ReplyDelete