If you'd like to look back at my prior 30-Day Challenge photos, click here to go to my main blog page, Buff's Blog, which includes links on the right side to all of my other "bloglets."




Continuing Neon #4

Continuing Neon #4
Even More Neons!

Continuing Neon

Continuing Neon
Still More Neon!

Continuing Neon

Continuing Neon
More Neon!

September 2010 30-Day Photo Challenge

September 2010 30-Day Photo Challenge
September 2010 30-Day Photo Challenge

Friday, June 3, 2011

Woody's, Tokyo Love, Ciao, Korean BBQ, Mirrors, Zlaket's Market








Well, I found some time to work on and upload some of the neon signs I took photos of a few months ago.  I'm going to try to be more disciplined in processing and uploading more regularly, since I'm now carrying a point and shoot camera in my purse so I can always be prepared to take pictures of interesting neon signs I see!

More about this current batch:

1.  Woody's - I spotted this sign in the window of an antiques store in Old Towne, Orange, near the traffic circle.  I was drawn to it because of its bright colors and intricate design.

2.  Tokyo Love - we passed a Japanese restaurant in Garden Grove bearing this sign.  Unlike many of the others, it seems to be more 'home-made' in its look and design, but definitely noticeable!

3.  Ciao is a independent restaurant on Balboa Island that serves great food in a wonderfully casual atmosphere.  I love eating there!

4.  Korean BBQ is located in Newport Beach, actually quite near Tapas Restaurant, whose neon is in the row beneath.

5.  Mirrors - I found this neon sign while driving in El Toro.  I was sort of surprised that the lower letters were not upside down as a mirror image of the top letters.  Oh well.  But still colorful!

6.  Zlaket's Market is located in the old downtown area of Garden Grove, not too far from the Gem Theater, seen on the row below!

1 comment:

  1. I`m glad that you put up your neons, It is great to know that you have continued to take pics of them. I especially like Woody, such an intricate piece and so well done.
    The Tokyo love one is so funny. I wonder who designed it. Like you say, it definitely looks like someone`s next door neighbor`s young son drew it with candy colored markers and it somehow inspired this sign. Oddly enough, Japanese culture does have a lot of signs, items, music and movies that although for adults, really have a childish feel to them.
    Ciao, makes me thing of Spaghetti Western movies. :-)
    The Korean BBQ Kanji probably says something like - Fresh back lane cats - ;-P We always joke about people getting Kanji as tattoos and thinking it means something wise while it sometimes is something quite funny and unpleasant.
    Mirrors.. you are so right. I can`t imagine how effective it would have been upside down and with a perspective change.. wow, it would have been amazingly noticeable.
    Gotta say that Zlaket`s has quite a wonderful font.

    ReplyDelete