If you'd like to look back at my prior 30-Day Challenge photos, click here to go to my main blog page, Buff's Blog, which includes links on the right side to all of my other "bloglets."




Continuing Neon #4

Continuing Neon #4
Even More Neons!

Continuing Neon

Continuing Neon
Still More Neon!

Continuing Neon

Continuing Neon
More Neon!

September 2010 30-Day Photo Challenge

September 2010 30-Day Photo Challenge
September 2010 30-Day Photo Challenge

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Schmidt's, Window Tinting, Jugos/Tortas/Fruta, Neon, Beauty Supply, Cleaners








These are several more neons I took during the 30-Day Challenge.  These were outtakes, as they didn't fit the pattern I was going for in the Challenge (words and designs).  But I took them anyway!

1.  Schmidt's is a restaurant that actually has two neon signs.  One is this vertical format with an arrow and the other is a more normal, horizontal format sign.  This one had more interest to me, though I did take a picture of the other one as well.  I took this photo the same day as I took the Blue Water Grill sign that I put into the 30 Day Challenge.  The restaurant is in Irvine.

2.  Window Tinting and Neon - I came across this sign as I was driving to visit my dad one night.  They're located in the El Toro/Irvine area.  It was dark out and the sign was in the window of a closed and darkened business, so it really jumped out from the street.  I circled back, pulled out my trusty point and shoot and took the picture!   Actually the Neon sign was located not too far away, and I took that too.   An upcoming entry will be another neon sign from the Neon Sign store, but I haven't processed it yet (shame on me). 

3.  Jugos Tortas Fruta - this was a sign located in a little strip mall in Garden Grove that we stopped at the night I also took the photo of the Foot Reflexology sign, which is in the 30 Day Challenge.  I knew this would be an outtake, since I took it the same as the more interesting Foot Reflexology sign, and the challenge called for one photo a day.

4.  Beauty Supply - This sign isn't particularly interesting, but for its colors.  Again I was out and about, in Costa Mesa, and the bright sign in the dark window at night caught my attention.

5.  Van's Cleaners - this is a fun sign in Corona del Mar.  But, half of it is burned out.  I found this sign during the 30 Day Challenge, and noticed that half of it was burned out.  I took the shot anyway, and hoped the sign would be fixed.   Lo and behold, a year later and it's still not repaired.  I guess it's destined to remain in its current state, so it is what it is!  I'll bet it looked great when it was fully lit.  Maybe there is a new owner and it's not really Van's anymore.  That's a possibility, too.



1 comment:

  1. That Schmidt one is quite spectacular. It`s also funny to see a neon sign spelling out the word NEON!

    ReplyDelete