If you'd like to look back at my prior 30-Day Challenge photos, click here to go to my main blog page, Buff's Blog, which includes links on the right side to all of my other "bloglets."




Continuing Neon #4

Continuing Neon #4
Even More Neons!

Continuing Neon

Continuing Neon
Still More Neon!

Continuing Neon

Continuing Neon
More Neon!

September 2010 30-Day Photo Challenge

September 2010 30-Day Photo Challenge
September 2010 30-Day Photo Challenge

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Day 11 - Tastee Freez




My husband played hookey from work yesterday afternoon, so we decided to play some golf.  Of course, I didn't feel like cooking dinner after that, so we went out for a quick dinner.  And of course, I used that opportunity to bring my camera along (part of my scheme to get him to go out looking for neon with me).  After dinner, we drove around, looking for some neon signs.  At one little strip mall, things looked a bit promising, so we stopped in.  There was a Weinerschnitzel fast food restaurant there that had some neon writing on the side which I wanted to take (I did, but the lighting was just too weird and it didn't come out well).  Meanwhile he went inside because he saw there was also a Tastee-Freez soft serve ice cream concession inside.  He was inside for just a minute when he came out and told me there was a neon Tastee-Freez sign inside!  So in I went and took this picture.  It was a strange set-up, though, since the sign was not 'freestanding' but was rather located behind some blackish glass.  Nevertheless I got the shot, but if it looks more 'flat' than usual, that is the reason.  But I liked the picture of the ice cream cone and the colors are good, so it's today's image for the challenge.  Oh, and no, I didn't get an ice cream cone, but my husband did, and I did taste some of it.

8 comments:

  1. Wow, I haven't seen a Tastee-Freez in years! Good shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the slight tilt for dynamic reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We used to go to Tastee-Freez all the time! Great memory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here is a perfect example of how a few squiggly lines portray the ice-cream cone, that it is soft serve and what container it comes in. Darn, glad you took the pic even though conditions were not ideal. How you ever tore yourself away from having ice-cream, that? I'll never understand ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. After your description, there is a greater appreciation for your final results! I cannot imagine how you are getting these all so crystal clear, and with the wonderful black background.
    MadamMtnLion

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that the sign works well and I can't tell it's behind glass.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like reading your stories behind the photos, it makes them more than just another image...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the simple lines and colours that make these. You must be starting to look forward to a night without hunting NEON!

    ReplyDelete