If you'd like to look back at my prior 30-Day Challenge photos, click here to go to my main blog page, Buff's Blog, which includes links on the right side to all of my other "bloglets."




Continuing Neon #4

Continuing Neon #4
Even More Neons!

Continuing Neon

Continuing Neon
Still More Neon!

Continuing Neon

Continuing Neon
More Neon!

September 2010 30-Day Photo Challenge

September 2010 30-Day Photo Challenge
September 2010 30-Day Photo Challenge

Monday, September 6, 2010

Day 6 - Ice Cream for Labor Day


Today is Labor Day, a national holiday in the U.S.  It traditionally marks the end of summer, and often families and friends gather for picnics, barbecues, block parties and the like.  Lots of fun and games and food, and sometimes even home-made ice cream.
This year, alas, we didn't do the barbecue thing, but when I saw the Haagen-Dazs neon sign, I thought it would be perfect for a Labor Day post.  And I didn't even consider the red, white and blue colors until after I took the picture!

I found this sign on the window of a closed shop, dark inside, so it just looked like it was beckoning me to take the picture!

13 comments:

  1. Mmmm, looks very nice.
    I wish I could go in and have an ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! We usually only go and get ice cream when it's raining...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, yum, I do like ice cream. You really are managing to find some good signs to photograph. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's also Labor day in Canada and this year my birthday, so thanks for the ice-cream sign. I love ice-cream. I cannot resist it.

    I'm loving your finds, Probably more difficult to straighten than most of us know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great find, I always enjoyed the neon signs as a child, thanks for bringing back the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another nice find. This challenge must be making you look places you don't usually look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sign reminds me it's time to make diner and go to work lol. What a pity it was closed so you could not have some late night desert.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I scream for ice cream! Perfect shot for the holiday :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such perfect exposure, to see the sharp lines of the sign and no blur out.
    MadamMtnLion

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love haagen-dazs! Cute ice cream cone in the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  11. End of summer... I'm looking forward to it beginning here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have seen that brand either in NZ or Australia. Very tasty if I remember correctly.

    Perfect sign for the day!

    ReplyDelete