If you'd like to look back at my prior 30-Day Challenge photos, click here to go to my main blog page, Buff's Blog, which includes links on the right side to all of my other "bloglets."




Continuing Neon #4

Continuing Neon #4
Even More Neons!

Continuing Neon

Continuing Neon
Still More Neon!

Continuing Neon

Continuing Neon
More Neon!

September 2010 30-Day Photo Challenge

September 2010 30-Day Photo Challenge
September 2010 30-Day Photo Challenge

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Day 8 - King's Fish House


So it was my mother-in-law's birthday yesterday and we took her out for dinner.  She wanted lobster, so we went to King's Fish House, near where she lives.  I had my camera with me, because I figured we'd be finished eating in time for me to take my shot for today.  I left it in the car when we went in to eat, and I immediately noticed some neon signs inside the restaurant, and commented.  But I didn't want to take any pictures inside.  When we finished our dinner and went to the car, I just figured we could just keep our eyes open for signs we might see in her neighborhood, which is about 12-13 miles from our house.

Lo and behold, when we got into the car, I noticed some bright red behind a tree that separated our car in the parking lot from the brick wall of the restaurant. I hadn't seen it when we arrived. "Wait!" I shouted. My husband dutifully put the car back in park, and said to his mother, "It'll only be about 10 minutes." But no! Even trying a couple of different settings, I only took about 3 minutes and jumped back into the car, showing my mother-in-law the picture in my camera's display. That, of course, led to a discussion of why I was taking pictures of neon signs, and well, you all know the rest. :)

14 comments:

  1. My favorite so far. Love the intricacies of the crab, and the cursive writing. Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. And yes, I've shared your story. Only mine is, "Why are you taking all those pictures of bugs?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool sign. I'm imagining you explaining this to your MIL; the story really is an extra treat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, so glad they gave the crab protective glasses against the California sun...how kind. Yes you had to share this one.
    MadamMtnLion

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol! great story! Love the crab in this - reminds me of "crusty crab" in Sponge Bob.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great sign shot! Is this a little longer exposure than normal? The neon isn't quite as defined as in previous shots

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, I drooled when I saw the sign. I'm salivating and it's 2am and I've a feeling I'll dream about crab tonight. This sign seems more fancy and intricate than the others and looks very inviting. Well spotted!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a very cool sign. Poseidon looks so cool riding his crab. Unorthodox, but cool. You did a good job shooting in the dark, as always. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Trying explaining eyes and why there are eyeballs stuck in everything. :) Another great shot, getting to be one of the highlights of my day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the suggestion of motion in here created by the glow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I find the detail in the writing a little bit too much - it takes me a bit too long to try and read what it says. But if it works for them, it works!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A nice narration to go with your shot.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A fun sign! Love the tale to go with it.

    ReplyDelete