If you'd like to look back at my prior 30-Day Challenge photos, click here to go to my main blog page, Buff's Blog, which includes links on the right side to all of my other "bloglets."




Continuing Neon #4

Continuing Neon #4
Even More Neons!

Continuing Neon

Continuing Neon
Still More Neon!

Continuing Neon

Continuing Neon
More Neon!

September 2010 30-Day Photo Challenge

September 2010 30-Day Photo Challenge
September 2010 30-Day Photo Challenge

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Day 29 - Custom Wheels


This tire store actually has two identical neon signs that I saw - one in the front window and one in the side window.  The store/garage itself is a free-standing structure in a corner of the parking lot of a large mall, so people can see it coming from various directions.  For all I know, since I only took the picture of the sign on the side window because it was the easiest to access, there could have been one or more signs on the other sides of the building as well!  But I knew this one was there from prior reconnaissance and I just went back, pulled into the lot, got out of my car, took the picture, got back in and came back home!   The design with the horizontal lines is designed to show speed, I think, but I can't figure out why the two words are not parallel.  Things like that catch my eye.

Sprinting toward the finish, or should I say "racing" on my custom wheels to the finish.  Only one more day to go!!!

3 comments:

  1. Very cool sign. I see it in two ways, as it creates an illusion of being horizontal and at the same time because of how the word wheels seems to not be straight, gives me the impression that it is speeding a bit to the upper right. But then, it is fun to try and just make stuff up ;-)

    Oh, and only 1 day left. I have a feeling that the last one may actually have something to do with the name of where you live? Could it be?

    I'm so glad that even though you will no longer have to go out every night to take a shot, that you will continue to grow your collection of neon signs. I, for one, and I'm sure others, will love to come here and check out your new acquisitions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only one day to go!! I have really enjoyed your collection. I know you put a lot of work into this. I am so wiped with work and shooting every day I haven't commented as much as I wanted to but this is definitely one of my favorite collections!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the two words being not alligned is a way to add some perspective in the design. What I like best in this design is the partial wheel.

    ReplyDelete