If you'd like to look back at my prior 30-Day Challenge photos, click here to go to my main blog page, Buff's Blog, which includes links on the right side to all of my other "bloglets."




Continuing Neon #4

Continuing Neon #4
Even More Neons!

Continuing Neon

Continuing Neon
Still More Neon!

Continuing Neon

Continuing Neon
More Neon!

September 2010 30-Day Photo Challenge

September 2010 30-Day Photo Challenge
September 2010 30-Day Photo Challenge

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Day 23 - Surfing Budweiser


I am just amazed at the number of customized advertising signs for beer that we have in our city!  Sure, the Budweiser logo is recognized, but the surfer is clearly there because we live in a community renowned for its surfing.  I thought the earlier Pacifica beer logo with the surfer woodie wagon was clever, and the bikini-clad Miller Draft sign with the Corona del Mar name added made it personal to our city, but seeing this surfer now has me intrigued.  I never noticed this before.  Ok, people far and wide, tell me what customization you have on your liquor store beer signs.  I'm especially interested in those not from ocean/surfing areas!

7 comments:

  1. omg, you are going to laugh. When I first saw this, I didn't think surfer, I thought "What in the world, it's a guy in green shorts playing air guitar? LOL!! I kept thinking, they forgot to put the guitar in his hands. Oh, well, I have a bit of a headache, maybe I as seeing screwy, but I see it properly now.

    In my town, I don't think there are any neon beer signs, except for a few exceptions of a few rarer brands, we buy our beer at the grocery store. If I ever do see a sign, I will take a photo for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In a bar on Broadway and maybe 113th St. in NY, there's a neon Budweiser sign with a Yankees logo, along with a pattern that looks like the upper deck railing. The beer ad people must be geniuses at tapping (ha, although pun was unintended) into people's sentimental sides. You could turn this into a college sociology course!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea what customization we have on our liquor store beer signs as I tend to go around with my eyes closed. Nice simple sign for today, with instant recognition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't drink so I haven't really been checking them out lately but I will now just to see. We probably have the liberty bell around here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you are giving us homework :D
    I will report to you if I find anything usefull.
    Meanwhile I keep on admiring your finds. I especially love the green shorts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Last night I saw a really nice neon for beer and our football team. I will have to check for ocean related ones though...who would have thought they would be personalized for your area?
    MadamMtnLion

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't say I pay much attention :P
    But now that I've seen this, I might keep my eyes open!

    ReplyDelete