If you'd like to look back at my prior 30-Day Challenge photos, click here to go to my main blog page, Buff's Blog, which includes links on the right side to all of my other "bloglets."




Continuing Neon #4

Continuing Neon #4
Even More Neons!

Continuing Neon

Continuing Neon
Still More Neon!

Continuing Neon

Continuing Neon
More Neon!

September 2010 30-Day Photo Challenge

September 2010 30-Day Photo Challenge
September 2010 30-Day Photo Challenge

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Day 7 - Birthday Flowers


Today is my mother-in-law's birthday.  Imagine my surprise last night while driving back home from finding and taking a picture of another sign, I saw this very small neon sign in a small side window of a very small flower shop!   It was one of those things that if you didn't happen to be looking to the side at just the right time, you would miss it.  Actually, I thought it was one of the ubiquitous 'closed' signs I've been seeing so frequently at night, but the bit of bright green caught my eye and piqued my interest.  So I doubled back and went into the parking lot.  I don't think the sign is more than 15 - 18 inches wide, sort of squooshed actually, but realizing the fortuity of the find, considering I'd be posting today on her birthday, I just had to scuttle my plans for my prior image and take a picture of this sign! 

Not to worry, I will go back and re-take the original shot I took last night for another day.
Can't let a good sign go to waste!

I'm posting early today because we're going out for dinner and I don't want to miss the deadline.


13 comments:

  1. Another great find. I have always been amazed at the artistry of neon. I haven't seen many lately since I moved to the boonies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need a road trip to Vegas, LOTS of neon there...

    I love the simplicity of the flower. These will make a fabulous gallery at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this one is simply beautiful. The lack of frame around even makes it more so, it's so pretty just hanging in the black sky. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that little rose. Very pretty. A great find, and I hope you had a lovely dinner out too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another bright coloured sign that looks so good on a black background. Your collage is coming together so nicely

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday, Buff's mother-in-law! Aww, what a sweet find. Are you having a hard time having to go out every night to get your shots? Although, I've a feeling it's as much fun to find the sign as it is to shoot it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Most of the time it's not a problem, since I go to places within 3-4 miles of my house. It will be tougher when I venture farther to take pics of signs we've seen on daily excursions and errands, but I will just have to leave earlier and get there closer to 9 p.m. when my 24 hours starts. Usually now, I leave at 9:30 or 10.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful.You find the most interesting signs I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Somehow you must feel like a detective, when something wonderful shows up...so far you have been uncovering things you have seen, but never seen before :)
    MadamMtnLion

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful rose! You are finding some interesting signs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the daintiness of the flower - I'm glad you did spot this one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww flowers for the birthday! It sounds a thrill hunting out these cool signs.

    ReplyDelete