If you'd like to look back at my prior 30-Day Challenge photos, click here to go to my main blog page, Buff's Blog, which includes links on the right side to all of my other "bloglets."




Continuing Neon #4

Continuing Neon #4
Even More Neons!

Continuing Neon

Continuing Neon
Still More Neon!

Continuing Neon

Continuing Neon
More Neon!

September 2010 30-Day Photo Challenge

September 2010 30-Day Photo Challenge
September 2010 30-Day Photo Challenge

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Day 15 - Taqueria Ole!



I got a kick out of this neon sign.  It was on the window of a small market.  For those who don't speak Spanish, a taqueria is a little taco shop.  I didn't go inside for a sample since the market was closed, but I'll bet it was good!  Heck, if they can make neon squiggles look like lettuce, tomato and queso fresco (white cheese), and a closed yellow "s" look like a taco shell, the tacos have to be good, right? 

The sign was several feet over my head, which accounts for the large gap in the reflected wording.

Well, today marks the halfway point in the Challenge!  It's been fun, and I hope it continues to be!  Ole!  (I wish I knew how to type the 'e' with the accent mark over it.)

11 comments:

  1. HA! This is awesome. Such a fun sign. You are right, those little flecks of green, red and white are so cool. That S for a taco is so clever and using the red, white and green to represent the Mexican flag, pulls it all together.

    We don't have any Mexican restaurants where I live, so any tacos I've ever had, have been made in my home, with ingredients that come out of boxes and foiled envelopes. One day I will probably taste a real one and go bonkers!

    As for the different accents, try setting your keyboard to United States International. :-)

    Thanks for these wonderful treasures and congrats on making it half-way through

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olé! On a Mac, you just type "Option-e," then "e."

    Another wonderful neon sign. I think that the large gap to the reflection is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Buff what a great month you've had so far. Sorry I haven't commented yet. Your theme would make a great coffee table book. All your images have been top notch. Keep it up.

    Thanks for all you comments this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really miss the Southern California Mexican food, the Eastern US version is definitely not as good. :( Another fabulous sign!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice find, that is the craziest looking taco I have ever seen.
    Love it, I laughed when I saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how cheerful this is, but it's making me hungry. And I agree with RatbarSteward about Californian Mexican food. (Sigh.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Press alt and type 138 while it is still depressed. That is if you have a pc ~ è
    MadamMtnLion

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy! We have 2 mexican restaurants in the cities that serve yummy foor but of course I have not tasted the SC local food to compare yet.

    on my pc and laptop : first press the ' button followed by the e and presto > é
    same trick for ë , è, etc

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it's cool how the taco has been created.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never really noticed how the taco was made out of the S shape until you mentioned it, so now I have a new appreciation for this sign :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very well designed to match the message. These are awesome (did I say that already) :-)

    ReplyDelete