If you'd like to look back at my prior 30-Day Challenge photos, click here to go to my main blog page, Buff's Blog, which includes links on the right side to all of my other "bloglets."




Continuing Neon #4

Continuing Neon #4
Even More Neons!

Continuing Neon

Continuing Neon
Still More Neon!

Continuing Neon

Continuing Neon
More Neon!

September 2010 30-Day Photo Challenge

September 2010 30-Day Photo Challenge
September 2010 30-Day Photo Challenge

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Day 2 - Shoe Repair


Last night it started to get a bit damp and foggy fairly early.  Add that to the darkness of the evening and not a lot of traffic out at 10:30, and I was provided a great opportunity to spot bright neon signs in windows of stores I'd passed many times without ever taking notice!  (I'm guessing some of them will be future subjects, now I know where they are.)   I've brought my shoes into this repair store before and never paid attention to the neon sign above the door!  This actually looks like a three-dimensional box with another row of neon outlining a shoe on the other side, but of course, being night-time, the store was closed so I couldn't investigate further.

Those four little rectangular shapes below the word "REPAIR" are actually address numbers, followed by the B on the window, which is part of the address.  This store is located in a little "mall" of about 3-4 businesses sharing a parking lot, from which I took the picture.  There was also a neon sign on the store next door that read "Cash for Gold" but it had to be the ugliest, plainest neon sign I've ever seen.  Probably a neo(n)phyte's effort at sign-making.  No, it won't be a bonus shot, and no chance of my going back on another night to get that shot for one of my dailies.  Yeah, I shouldn't have brought it up as a teaser, but I did anyway.  :)

16 comments:

  1. You are going to easily have the most colorful collection of all. I'm surprised you didn't clone out the black rectangles but they kind of grow on you after awhile...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Carol! I am so glad you decided to do this theme. This is going to be an awesome collection. Now that I read the explanation of the rectangles I see them for what they are but my first impression was that they were shoe tread or something like that. Great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am ever so slightly curious now, about that 'ugly' sign, but I wouldn't want to you to ruin a lovely set of pretty neon signs with something else :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this one! And the diagonal black shadow bits make it look like it's part of the shoe's design. Nice find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving your theme Buffmuffin, it is probably my favorite to follow!!! Cool looking sign!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. At first I thought those stripes were a reference to addidas runners :-P

    As for the photo, great find. Love how the lines are repeated 3 times. I can imagine not noticing it in the daytime, probably not lit up, right?

    Your photos are going to be so fun to follow. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So funny, I had not noticed the suite number boxes as being something alien, until I read your comments. Oh boy, keep these coming, they are great.
    MadamMtnLion

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for explaining about the rectangular shapes. I wondered about those.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another good shot. Ithink it's funny how the signmaker joined the I to the R. Guess it's cost that decides that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a bright, interesting selection you're going to have. What's coming I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great find - and well done actually.
    Those signs can be a pain in the bottom to shoot. xD

    ReplyDelete
  12. NIce, I thought the little black boxes were part of the sign, they line up well with it.

    The black background to the site is really making theses images pop :)

    cl_UK

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can just imagine you having one stunning gallery at the end of this challenge. And I also thought those black stripes were an Adidas design!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I thought those black stripes was something blocking part of the sign, but then I read the stuff about the adress and now I think they make the picture better :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Neon makes for so much better looking signs than the leds they tend to use these days.
    Well spotted shoesign and well done for showong all the 3D lines.

    ReplyDelete