If you'd like to look back at my prior 30-Day Challenge photos, click here to go to my main blog page, Buff's Blog, which includes links on the right side to all of my other "bloglets."




Continuing Neon #4

Continuing Neon #4
Even More Neons!

Continuing Neon

Continuing Neon
Still More Neon!

Continuing Neon

Continuing Neon
More Neon!

September 2010 30-Day Photo Challenge

September 2010 30-Day Photo Challenge
September 2010 30-Day Photo Challenge

Monday, September 13, 2010

Day 13 - Overnight Delivery


This sign was in the window of a closed and darkened store, allowing at least part of the reflection of the neon to really show through. This is another neon, not too far from my house, that I never noticed before. I got a kick out of the moon, since it almost looks like a giant mouth eating the words, but for the context.

I'm posting this very early today (I go 9 pm - 9pm local time), as my day is full and I may not be back until after my deadline for posting. So, if you didn't get to see the fun and funky "Tanning" neon from yesterday, please take a look (below).

10 comments:

  1. Love the shape of the moon. After all of this, it would be amazing if you could actually contact some neon sign makers and see how they do it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your gallery is FABULOUS!!!! Good job Buff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry been slacking on commenting, crazy busy.
    Your shots are just fantastic! I saw a show on how they make neon once, it is really neat.
    Great job, hang in there only 16 more days :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this one. I'm a sucker for "man in the moon" illustrations, and the counterpoint between the fantasy of the illustration and the hard-headedness of the font is just cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a little pacman-ish. Another great find!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Humm, this is the first one that I see the - is it reflection, or the back part of the sign giving an echo effect.
    MadamMtnLion

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another interesting find. Of course my eyes are drawn to neons I see in the city where I come at least one evening a week ( to work ) but yours have so much more variation. Most of the ones I see are mainly letters only and the majority of those are "open" signs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, the moon does look like it's eating the words!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one's relatively simple, I like it. I like the shape of the moon too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very smart in its red, white and blue.
    The only neon in my small town is an open sign at the local fish and chip shop.

    ReplyDelete