If you'd like to look back at my prior 30-Day Challenge photos, click here to go to my main blog page, Buff's Blog, which includes links on the right side to all of my other "bloglets."




Continuing Neon #4

Continuing Neon #4
Even More Neons!

Continuing Neon

Continuing Neon
Still More Neon!

Continuing Neon

Continuing Neon
More Neon!

September 2010 30-Day Photo Challenge

September 2010 30-Day Photo Challenge
September 2010 30-Day Photo Challenge

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Day 16 - Shock Top


This was a quickie trip last night, as there was a new TV show on I wanted to watch!  So I went to a nearby liquor store and took a photo of the Shock Top neon sign in the window!  I guess I tend to stick to the same type of beers when I buy, since this name didn't ring a bell to me, either (see Day 1).  

I love the design!  Just a few lines can convey so much; I'm really enjoying the art aspect of these signs.

8 comments:

  1. How unusual to fins a serif font in neon! I never heard of this beer, but the design is fun and interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have also never heard of this beer. Which made me google a little. Turns out it is a Belgium White beer that in contrast to most beers is not malted. IT is made of raw unmalted wheat with spices such as lime, orange peel and coriander. The actual bottle, has this head on it. I thought it would be a helmet, but instead it is a slice of orange, with the crown part made out of wheat and it's wearing sunglasses. It's actually pretty cool And, again as Harry122, says, this is the first for me too seeing Serif fonts in a neon. I found this one very interesting! Hope you have a great weekend and find some signs while you're away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is funny. I was sad to see you will be missing a few days and won't make the H2H.
    Have a great time this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes an art aspect, while utilizing lines efficiently. It must be a special art.
    MadamMtnLion

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great find - I think of you everytime I see a neon sign!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool find. I did not know Belgian beer was also exported to your part of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You certainly need sunglasses for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I find the simple ones are often the best.

    ReplyDelete