If you'd like to look back at my prior 30-Day Challenge photos, click here to go to my main blog page, Buff's Blog, which includes links on the right side to all of my other "bloglets."




Continuing Neon #4

Continuing Neon #4
Even More Neons!

Continuing Neon

Continuing Neon
Still More Neon!

Continuing Neon

Continuing Neon
More Neon!

September 2010 30-Day Photo Challenge

September 2010 30-Day Photo Challenge
September 2010 30-Day Photo Challenge

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Day 28 - Pack and Ship


When I saw this sign in a dark mail business window, its colors and brightness really caught my eye.  I can't really figure out if the white lines have an identifiable design purpose, but I just loved the colors, and the slanting red letters are obviously designed to indicate speed.   I like the simple and effective design, and the sign is fairly close to my home, so here it is!  Only two days left, and I already know which signs you'll be seeing.  But I'm not telling..... (just in case the neon burns out between now and then).

4 comments:

  1. Don't you just love the fact that these signs really make us stop and think about the purpose of each line. They are rarely there for no reason at all. As you said, the slant makes us think of speed. The white also has me perplexed. I thought about it and although I can attribute some meaning to it, (like finding shapes in cloud formations) none of them really make sense, so I am thinking it was just a way to lighten up the design and make it more visible.

    Only 2 more days to go. Can't wait for the grand finale. You did give me a hint, so I have an idea what the final will be (more than just which product) but I will have to wait with bated breath until it is uploaded to see if I am right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the white lines give the impression of everything being enclosed and packed up ready to go. Very fitting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe the white lines are supposed to suggest a postage cancellation stamp?

    ReplyDelete
  4. To me the white lines give a sense of ribbon or perhaps the oldfashioned waxseal.

    ReplyDelete