If you'd like to look back at my prior 30-Day Challenge photos, click here to go to my main blog page, Buff's Blog, which includes links on the right side to all of my other "bloglets."




Continuing Neon #4

Continuing Neon #4
Even More Neons!

Continuing Neon

Continuing Neon
Still More Neon!

Continuing Neon

Continuing Neon
More Neon!

September 2010 30-Day Photo Challenge

September 2010 30-Day Photo Challenge
September 2010 30-Day Photo Challenge

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Day 19 - Bad Ass Coffee



This was a tough sign to get!  The first day we saw it, the shop was crammed with people and some of their heads blocked part of the sign.  The second time we went by, the shop was closed and dark.  The neon was lit, but the inside of the sign was difficult to see.  And, since this sign was located on the back wall of the shop (not in the front window as most of my signs have been), I had to shoot through the paned glass front door and try to lighten up the middle of the picture for posting here.

The photo shows the sign in its true orientation.  You can see the electric cord at the bottom (I didn't clone it out).  The sign is just so uneven that it really sort of bugs me, but I didn't want to change the orientation because even rotated, it still didn't look right! 

But since the sign made me do a double take, I figured I had to include it in my gallery!

7 comments:

  1. I'm guessing this would have looked better for me at night when there was no sunshine coming in through my window because I couldn't for the life of me see what was in the middle. I brought it into photoshop and after upping the exposure by 2 stops.. I got the joke! okay, so I had to do a bit more work than usual, but it was well worth it. :-) oh, and welcome back home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this one, wonky or not. My next favourite is the swordfish. I imagine that looking for signs could be a major challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My youngest used to collect donkeystuff for years, we would send postcards with donkeys from anywhere. This would so fit her collection but she grew up and stopped collecting.
    Considering the tough conditions you shot this one very well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, see, I went to see it again, now that the sun is no longer shining through the window and I see it just fine :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you've done a fine job on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. By the sound of it, you got a pretty good photo considering the conditions!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a very unique sign, and worth your worry...it fits into your poster nicely.
    MadamMtnLion

    ReplyDelete