If you'd like to look back at my prior 30-Day Challenge photos, click here to go to my main blog page, Buff's Blog, which includes links on the right side to all of my other "bloglets."




Continuing Neon #4

Continuing Neon #4
Even More Neons!

Continuing Neon

Continuing Neon
Still More Neon!

Continuing Neon

Continuing Neon
More Neon!

September 2010 30-Day Photo Challenge

September 2010 30-Day Photo Challenge
September 2010 30-Day Photo Challenge

Monday, September 20, 2010

Day 20 - Dansko


Though simpler than some of the prior neons, this sign caught my attention because of its very bright color and contemporary style logo font.  I've not worn their shoes before, but they look very comfortable!

In answer to some of the prior days' questions:
1.  No, I did not get to try Bad Ass Coffee so I don't know if it is bad ass.
2.  Eury was correct regarding the Coca-Cola sign.  That little line through the "l" appears to be part of the company logo, but the part attaching that squiggle to the "C" in Cola is missing.  I grossly lightened my original photo to see if maybe a section of the neon was "out" but, alas, there is no connecting link of neon between the "C" and the squiggle.  Maybe because it's not an "official" licensed sign? 
3.  Yes, it is getting harder and harder to find interesting neon nearby my house.  I live in a relatively newer and more of a master-planned community, so I have had to venture out to more outlying (6-10 miles) areas to find some of the signs I've used.  I have noted locations of various signs that I've seen during my travels around, and made a list that I refer to at night as I get ready to head out. What I'm trying to do now, since that's how my blog started to evolve, is to include some sort of graphic element along with the words of the signs.  From my list I try to find a logo that I think will look good in that day's position in the poster.

I can't promise this format will continue this way for the rest of the month, but I'm sure going to try!  I do think I will keep trying to take pictures of interesting and/or colorful neon signs after this month is over, though.  I'm really enjoying looking at them in more depth since September 1!

8 comments:

  1. Glad you are back! You got some great signs. I especially like the coke one. I want that one on my wall. I Highly suggest trying the dansko brand. They are SUPER comfy. This is a great sign and one of my favorite colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this. I really do like the green and the contemporary design. Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if I've heard of that shoe company before, but the word "sko" is Swedish for shoes so I thought they sold dancing shoes. I went to see online and they have some awesome looking clog shoes. See, not only do I get to peruse your wonderful neon photographs, but I get an education at the same time ;-)

    I'm glad that you will continue to take pictures of the neon signs after the challenge is over (obviously you won't have to go out every night) and I hope you will post them here on your blog for the rest of us to come and see. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice design, and good luck in your searching through the rest of the month! You've not disappointed yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the design, but I think I would have liked this one better if it had another colour in it somewhere, instead of being completely green. But that's nothjing to do with your photo, that's the shop!!! :) The photo is great as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a great find and I think it will look great in the compilation shot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like a clean scandinavian design and also more like the neons I see when travelling to and from the city at night : mainly fonts with sometimes some lines to make it more graphic.
    I must admit that I prefer your retro neons with icon/font combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is interesting to read your daily description of adventure, in addition to seeing your neon choice. I am so glad you decided to continue entertaining us, and satisfying your need to complete the challenge.
    MadamMtnLion

    ReplyDelete