If you'd like to look back at my prior 30-Day Challenge photos, click here to go to my main blog page, Buff's Blog, which includes links on the right side to all of my other "bloglets."




Continuing Neon #4

Continuing Neon #4
Even More Neons!

Continuing Neon

Continuing Neon
Still More Neon!

Continuing Neon

Continuing Neon
More Neon!

September 2010 30-Day Photo Challenge

September 2010 30-Day Photo Challenge
September 2010 30-Day Photo Challenge

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Day 26 - Electra in Red


This is such a well-designed and built sign!  It is located on the back wall of a bicycle shop.  I actually walked by it a week or so ago, during the day, and noticed it, but wasn't sure if it would be lit at night after the store closed, but I put it on my "list" of potential neons.  When I went back to see if it was on, I was delighted to see that not only was it on, but that it was the only light inside the store!  I love the lines - they represent a cruiser bike so well!  This may be my favorite neon so far.

8 comments:

  1. I like this one a lot as well. Its a great design. I can't believe there are only a few days left. Are you going to do anything with this collection when this is all over?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I also think this is my favorite. Not only are the lines great, the artist actually achieved foreshortening which is very difficult to do well. Most would have put this horizontal and it would have still looked great but not have the dynamic feel this one does. I love these style bikes. A few years ago, I bought a Swinn Cruiser. They look just like those old bikes from 50 years ago. I'm so glad they are a trend again, they are the most comfortable bikes ever.

    I see there are only 4 more days to go. I'm so pleased you continued this challenge even though you had to forfeit the hxh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lines are great, the colors are terrific! I like this one a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice and clear what it represents. Not cluttered. Not too busy. Just right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Surpise! This is my favorite af them all. Superfind. I agree with Maggie that the dynamic design makes it so attractive. And I like the simplicity of the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very simple red and white. It is amazing what you can convey with just a few lines!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all th lines! Lots to look at, but it's not too busy as to look cluttered. The simplicity of the red and white work nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing beats red and white on black!
    MadamMtnLion

    ReplyDelete